Mandated Reporter is an in-depth facilitator-led Mandated Reporting training by Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Georgia gives participants the ability to recognize, react, and report child maltreatment, along with a scenario practice. The training can be provided in 1 1/2, 2, or 3 hours.
Wednesday, April 12, 2023 from 11:00am to 12:30pm
Parents, Caregivers, Community Members, Child-Serving Professionals, Healthcare/Human Services Providers, Faith Organizations, Educators, Business
Topics covered include:
- Identify which groups of children may be at higher risk of being abused or neglected
- Identify physical and behavioral indicators child abuse and neglect in Georgia
- Understand how the laws around mandated reporting affect mandated reporters
- Describe the process for handling a disclosure of abuse
- Describe the mandated reporter’s role and necessary steps in reporting suspected abuse and neglect
During April in honor of Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month...training is FREE!
Registration is required. To register, please click "register now" at the top of the page. Once you have signed up, additional video conference instructions will be emailed to you. A follow-up survey will be sent via email immediately following the training. In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete the initial follow-up survey. There is a minimum of people needed to conduct a training, so please be aware that if there is low registration, this training may be canceled.