The Connections Matter Georgia Initiative is a collaboration between the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy and Prevent Child Abuse Georgia focused on effectively educating communities about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), trauma, and resiliency. The Connections Matter Workshop is an interactive discussion-based program that can be taken in either two days (2 hours each day) OR one day (4 hours) via virtual Zoom format.
This is a 2-day workshop, both days are REQUIRED from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
• Wednesday, December 7, 2022
• Thursday, December 8, 2022
Parents, Caregivers, Community Members, Child-Serving Professionals, Healthcare/Human Services Providers, Faith Organizations, Educators, Business
Topics covered include:
- Connection between trauma, brain development, resilience, and health
- Concrete knowledge about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) using Georgia data
- Strategies for increasing and improving your own connections
- Tools for strengthening both personal and community resilience
- Action planning and next steps for how you can make a difference
- Resources on trauma-informed care and implementation
Registration is required. To register, please click "register now" below and select a ticket. Once you have signed up, additional video conference instructions will be emailed to you. A follow-up survey will be sent via email immediately following the training and again 3 months post-training. In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete the initial follow-up survey. There is a minimum of people needed to conduct a training, so please be aware that if there is low registration, this training may be canceled. If a training is canceled, you may be rescheduled free of charge or may request a refund.