The Stewards of Children training curriculum is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program developed by a Charleston, SC based nonprofit, Darkness to Light (D2L) and is the only adult-focused, evidence-informed curriculum proven to increase knowledge and attitudes about child sexual abuse and to change behaviors promoting protective factors.
The one-time 2 ½ hour Stewards of Children program is available through a group session led by an authorized facilitator as well as online. Authorized facilitators are located throughout Georgia. The training is appropriate for parents as well as professionals and volunteers in youth-serving organizations such as schools, faith centers, camps, daycares, sports leagues, and clubs. Stewards of Children is also available in a Spanish-language version.
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to help adults prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual empowerment through a personal prevention plan
Core Features of the Training:
- A DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors sharing their experiences of abuse and healing, experts in the field and other concerned adults, all providing practical guidance for preventing and responding to child sexual abuse
- An interactive workbook designed to facilitate discussion, reinforce key concepts, and serve as a resource guide and personal action plan for protecting children
- Interactive discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents as well as how they affect communities
Access the Training:
- Attend an in-person Stewards of Children training at the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy. The cost is $15 per person.
- Find an in-person training in your area.
- Contact your regional coordinator who can connect you with a facilitator to conduct training specifically for your group/organization.
- Take the Stewards of Children training online. IT'S FREE with code FlipTheSwitch
- Contact the Georgia Center’s Prevention Staff for more information: Call 678-904-2880 or email us.
Get trained today and protect a child. Already trained? Get further involved.