MANAGER OF SPECIAL EVENTS
Reports to: Director of Development
Function: Enhance the Center’s success by cultivating a large, effective volunteer team and by implementing effective special events to raise funds and awareness for GCCA.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify, solicit and manage event sponsors and supporters
- Achieve annual fundraising goals set for each event – through sponsorship, silent and live auction, and donations.
- Develop and manage budgets for all special events; manage solicitation lists, donor outreach, and post event follow-ups
- Manage and executes all aspects of event logistics for Cheer for Children, Works of Heart, Change Makers Breakfast, recognition and 3rd party events.
- Draft and implement annual plan for volunteer recruitment, management, and recognition.
- Grow existing events and identify new event opportunities
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the community partners, working to meet both the Center’s needs and the needs of our partners through the events.
- Recruit quality volunteers and support those volunteers to create successfully attended and funded events, and ensure a meaningful volunteer experience for them
- Obtains, evaluates, makes recommendations, and processes vendor proposals
- Manage event website, social media, e-blasts and PR to promote events and communicate the work of GCCA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience in special events, volunteer relations, or nonprofit
- Ability to work independently under pressure and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and very strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to attend early morning, evening and weekend meetings and events as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone skills
- Good problem solver using often limited resources and competing priorities
- Team player, working always for the best interest of the organization
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office applications and social media
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to manage high level volunteers
If you meet the following qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter to Zobida Dat at firstname.lastname@example.org